When Jesus was asked about the greatest commandment he responded by saying, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the great and first commandment. 39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” (Matt. 22:37-39). Jesus tells us that we are to love him with our hearts and with our minds--but we are also to love our neighbors.
We hope these resources are helpful to his end. (I have added a section at the beginning with resources specifically for families with children. They could fall under the other categories--but I am just trying to make it easier.)
• Family Worship Starts Now
Daily Scripture and Prayer Resources:
• Dwell Scripture Reading App (60 Days provided free by CrossPointe). A number of plans available.
• The Bible App: this app allows you to select a translation. There are many daily plans from which to choose. You can even choose to have it read to
you.Pandora: Pandora. Com--Music Streaming that allows you to set a “station” for particular artists. I really enjoy “City Alight”, “Keith and Kristin Getty’, and
• Redeemer Daily Devotional: A Daily devotional that can help you develop a habit of spending time in prayer and scripture.
• Spurgeon Morning and Evening: A Devotional by Charles Spurgeon that provides a reading for each morning and each evening. (There is also a free app that
can be downloaded from Apple and Android)
The Briefing--with Albert Mohler--A daily podcast of current events from a Christian worldview.
Free Online Courses/Apps
• Gospel Coalition Free Online Courses: Free courses that you can take advantage of online.
• Covenant Theological Seminary App: Lots of online resources and classes--Free!
• Ligonier Website: Free Content and teaching--FREE!
• Take a walk in your neighborhood and pray!
• Check on neighbors
• Article on Practical Ways to Love Your Neighbor--Gospel Coalition